New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Can you repeat those tests for the specs listed:

Your diagram only shows 8Nm peak and maximum 4.5kW…thats not even close to your rated 8.9kW
Also given 100KV means your test was run at around 60V, so only around 75A.
Can you show same diagrams for your rated current (which is probably far below peak current) and rated power?!

Also would be nice to see your claimed efficiency in the numbers.
98% sounds like a huge lie, looking at your diagram with peak efficiency of 83% confirms this guess…

So this motor is (originally) made for 15000RPM at 150V?

2 Likes

Because we tested it with our 300A ESC. In the picture, it’s both motor and 300A ESC efficiency.

So your ESC has losses of >15% ? :scream::scream:
You better don’t tell which ESC this is, otherwise you might not sell a single unit anymore…:sweat_smile:

Looks much more likely that it should be 89% efficiency and you are getting those at 150V and ~35A …which is still pretty nonsens for direct drive propeller.

But still I am looking forward to see test results, would be amazed to see 98% efficiency.

Eileen, I highly doubt you are manufacturing this motor. In fact I don’t think Reacher is either. I think you are both purchasing the motors elsewhere. The reason for this… well you both have the same schematics for the motors, the same specs and the only difference in pictures is the front cap near the shaft, but the sealing system is identical.

Maytech Schematic:
Maytech%2065162

Reacher Schematic:

Maytech Rear Housing:

Reacher Rear Housing:
Reacher%20Rear
Reacher%20Rear%202

Maytech Front:

Reacher Front:
Reacher%20Front

Now please tell us again that its not the same motor…

8 Likes

Hi Virus,

Did you happen to find time to test the motor? I am very curious what your findings are

1 Like

Very happy with the first test. I only need less diameter of prop and test again.

1 Like

Maybe a FR prop? :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

No, just less diameter in my prop, the motor works very well, silent and powerful, I only have a little cavitation.

1 Like

What are your prop specs?

Motors look different on the outside to me.

How about the inside?

What you seeing besides the front screw on section that looks different to you?

What kind of esc do you use?

Wow!!! this 2nd ride with my 120mm carbon fiber prop works perfect!!:muscle::blush:

Friends, you know, I tried it with torpedo, jet system, outrunners, direct with inrunners, geared with different motors and gearboxes, but this option is the best and fastest to make an efoil, power, zero noise, incredible, highly recommended! I will share videos and data the next few days, but if you want to build a project without complications, this is the best way!

13 Likes

My ESC for testing is Swordfish 300A, I can download data from ESC.
But my final ESC will be Maytech 300A.

3 Likes

That is good news! Possible result would be even better if someone would design a propeller having the same hub diameter (or slightly less) than the motor diameter, at least in higher speeds. Actually extending
the hub on your propeller (closer to the motor) would possible also improve efficiency.

Do you know what rpm are you doing and how much pitch on the propeller?

Please download the data and post some screenshots. It would be interesting to see the power used.
Do you have any GPS speed recordings?
Very interested to see what specs your 2 props are that you tested…

Wow. I followed your projects. I also have tried several things. I just was into a new project and now you post this, it seems this is indeed the best. Looking forward to are some data. And about that prop? Is that something others can get too?

1 Like

Just saying it looks different from the outside.

The holes next to screws have different locations. Also the cone/bevel thingy instead of threads where the lock ring resides is very distinguishable.

It is very suspicious to have identical blue print specs though. I dont have items in hand to make a true comparison so just from pictures all I am saying is it looks different from the outside.

They may be similar internally and that could also be debated.
Not sure if anyone can come to a conclusion that Reacher and Maytech are identical motors just by looking at photos.

If they are the same , then the smart thing to do is pay for the cheaper one.

There are Housebrand, Big Name brands and Generic items that we encounter everyday. Nobody usually complains about it unless it doesnt work as advertised.

Seems like Maytech has a working product here.

Just a different front end cone I think. Still attaching with 6 screws and if you closely the distances to the edge are seem similar.
It’s going to be very interesting to see how both parties motors perform vs the Flying Rodeo motor. If they get 90% there, then they would be a worthwhile buy.