New DIY board design

Hey guys,

I’m in the process of designing a board that is roughly based on the 4’9" Lift board. I’m getting stuck on designing the interface between the board and the mast. From what I’ve seen, people generally use turtle boxes or plates. I have a Gong Alligator v2 mast, and I want to use it as a passive heatsink to cool the VESC, so I need a hole for the ESC to fit through, too. I was thinking about a 3/8" aluminum plate with a seal built into the board like a Flightboard. Does anyone happen to have any ideas on how to reinforce that area?

in the forum…

For our inflatable (Fliteboard system compatible) we (Kwint!) 3D printed the tuttle box.
Fingers crossed if it is strong enough.

For the adapter plate (gong > Fliteboard) we used a 15mm thick aluminium plate.
The thickness was only needed for the “pocket” where the 3 phase wires go through from the motor to the VESC as they needed to be covered with potting for waterproofing.

If you want to see how the Fliteboard adapter plate builds come together @Kian has a detailed build thread: Frankenstein build (Fliteboard, Gong V2 mast, Flipsky 75200 VESC and in my case a Tritonfoils X1 monofoil).

@Kian does that box have an aluminum insert or metal structure to screw the plate into? Quite a large print!

1 Like

The 4 screws from the Gong plate are going into 4 big adjustable nuts “no clue what they are called in English, but see picture below”.

The other side of the nuts are attached to 4 rots, and the other end of the 4 rots are attached to a thick (in my case carbon) plate.

All nicely tight together will (should) hold everything together under compression.