New foil gong for the end of April

Is that a custom battery box?

Yes, designed to accommodate a 12s14p with the BMS. On the picture it is the 12s12p pack of my first E-Foil. The closing cover is being machined ( aluminium )

2 Likes

Nice. ! Pict 1 : looks like there is a hole in the mast plate we could use for our cables: do you confirm ?
Can you give us the mast measurements with a calliper ? You can complete the following diagram if you wish.

Gong mast V2 meas

no hole on the plate, the one on the picture is made by me. I will share the dimensions of the mast … patience, … wait for the end of the printing of the mat flange :wink:

I share with you the dimensions of the new Gong mat.
I also drew a flange for the mat, probably not the best one… I leave you free to criticize :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks for the measurements
Last picture: is that the now famous @Gobbla threaded pod nose allowing forced flow water cooling ? :wink:

The model is for passive cooling of a VESC 75/300 Trampa, you are all free to upgrade the mast clamp. Attached is the DXF of the mast that @nice2cu drew for me and that he allows me to share with you :+1::v:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=f57695981b714e05&id=F57695981B714E05%2134935&authkey=!AN8iKoHGzQ5HvJU

Thanks Robert.

3 Likes

I share with you a mast design for the Gong V2 foil:
( As the VESC 75/300 is passively cooled, there is no passage for the water intake )

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4875963

9 Likes

wow looking sharp!! is that just a vinyl wrap or actually carbin fiber? on the prop guard and motor mount

Il est fait de fibre de carbone véritable. J’ai mis une couche noire et une couche bleue.
I just varnished it in 2K gloss.

6 Likes

got it, so its just 3d printed with carbin over it

This is the result of the mast clamp fitted with the engine:

8 Likes

Hello @Manu, Nice design!

Any chance you can post or send me the front part in .step or Fusion 360 format so I can add water intake?

Thanks!

No problem to share the .Step as soon as I get back from holidays and buy my new IMac as the old one burnt out 🥲

1 Like

I’ve got one that’s already done if it’s any good to you, @SoEFoil told me how to share files :call_me_hand:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yoNFhfaY27lhsa26i6pWIMD0mVHgGF_6?usp=sharing

6 Likes

Thanks a lot. The strong point with this solution is that users wishing to implement forced flow cooling (FFC) and users who don’t can use the same pod.
It’s the cap that will make the difference:

• If you want to implement FFC, you can use a cap with a hole,
  • if you don’t want to implement FFC, you can screw a cap without hole.

Questions:

• is a central hole more prone to clogging than a side one (debris deflection)?
  • at the same speed, how many extra amps do you need with FF cooling ?
2 Likes

@Manu your motor mount and duct on the Gong V2 wing looks incredible! Are you able to provide the STL files?

Hi,
With pleasure here is the link on thingiverse :

Hey thanks very much for taking the time to do this - when you’re trying to put together your first board the amount of choice seems overwhelming, and it’s great to know that there are helpful people out there!

I have a FR 7 inch prop coming for my Flipsky 5161 - if I’m looking for a prop guard like yours then is this the right file?

Thanks!

It’s so inefficient to work with stls if a small change is needed - I sketched a 3d model of the Gong V2 alu mast and uploaded it as STEP here:

A 3D-printed section fits the real mast perfectly so accuracy is good enough for covers or clamp design

5 Likes