New french build

You have to do a few layers of fill coat. Make a slick slurry of epoxy with microbubbles and sand it, repeat until smooth.

I am not sure this will be enough. People also apply a layer of carbon fibre on their prop to reinforce it. Don’t forget to balance your prop.
'Breaking props! Need suggestions! that is

Fibre post 11 + balancing post 8
'Best 3D printer for printing Props? - #11 by Ackermann

Thanks @SoEFoil and @boards for your messages.

About the surface of the CF, I will add one or multiple layers of fill coat until it looks smooth. Just have to wait for some sun…so frustating!

And for the props, I was indeed concerned about the strength of the combo 100% PLA infill + Epoxy. I will as you exposed add a layer of carbon fiber. Just still a bit preoccupied about balancing it properly. I am also thinking about reshaping/ cutting the original alu prop that comes with the Flipsky setup. I know it has been done by some of you on this forum.
I will keep you updated about my advancement.

… or you buy a 20€ Fliteboard spare prop in the Cannes shop, rock solid and praised by the tens of forum users who bought it.
'Fliteboard prop alternative to FR? - #28 by SoEFoil that is

In fact, it is 42€ for this prop today (August 2021) as prices have been multiplied by 2 during the last 6 months.

2 Likes

Hello guys,
Struggled to work on the board last months…we had a pretty bad summer here in France. It was a real challenge to work on my balcony.
I added the extended antenna to the front of the bard and poured some epoxy on it. Hope it will not prevent it from receiving the remote control signal.
I also added a first layer of carbon on the electrical box. I cannot use a vacuum bag because the antenna cable is going out of the box. I am not very happy with the final result. I already sanded it. Will add a second layer and will do my best to make it as nice as possible.
Here are some photos: