Newcomer's build [Ger] + 2nd one

Okok, got the replacement by banggood. Actually the overall complain management was flawless. The new VESC works fine, you could feel it already during the motor detection. I crimped the phase wires, which was an excellent idea of @sat_be.

The first test run like usual, some abs failure here and there. I think I have to raise stator compensation a bit, the fault usually occurs by 80% duty during throttle. However I als had the v0/v7 option disabled, which might also do it’s magic, thanks to @Giga for his tech support here.
Log

4 Likes

Like a boss :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Still fighting the tracking issue (in case you are interested have a look here

https://foil.zone/t/has-anyone-successfully-used-the-flipsky-fsesc-75200-with-the-fs65161-motor/12052/89

But also I got my new 8" prop, which is again of excellent quality and balance. Top 6" Rodeo, bottom 8" prototype

I was looking for such prop to get some speed in my 100kv motor setup. Looking forward to challenge the new prop to the 7" version. Stay tuned

5 Likes

wife’s board is an excellent working setup now, the 8" prop is a good match for this motor. Still punchy and top speed is ok. She is really lucky :smile: I had a blast on the water.

3 Likes

This 8" prop looks really nice, Would love to get one…

Correct, I wish I would have had this much earlier. When I started last year there was only the 6" FR which is way Too slow. I remember asking David for higher pitch prop like 7", but back in the days he was afraid to burn the motors. Apparently you can use also 8" or even 8.5" on these motors. On full duty cycle the motor current is around 90amp which is absolutely fine.

Jan, What are these crimps called in german? Do you have a link to where you bought them?

Crimp

1 Like

Something like this:

I got them from local electric guy

1 Like

Holiday is over :frowning:

But the memories remain!

8 Likes

I was bored, so here you have another video from the NL / GER meeting. First one can be found in the “videos of electric hydrofoils around the world” category.

Enjoy
(Additional points to those who know the soundtrack)

6 Likes

finally got to switch the resistors and et voila, most expensive 5sec firework you can get

2 Likes

You beat me , with my swordfish 300 , brand new leasted 20s, feel sorry … but did you manage to change the resistors yourself ? Using a heat gun ?

I used small soldering iron. I was lucky because I got this faulty one replaced, so this was a left over. I thought I may can fix it…well apparently this is not the case

Well you tried and learned , best value for me even if something the end is happier ( the way I try to see things even if I believe 1/2 of it )
Always wanted to try soldering with a gun and paste

Yesterday I tried the opposite : solder 1mm copper busbar with a blow torch …

This resistor story is a shame …

If you have fingers like sausages, you shouldnt solder smd resistors. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :innocent:

1 Like

They may be not as thick as sausage but for sure similar greasy

3 Likes

Awesome build, congrats ! A lot of interesting ans simple solutions. Where did you get the rubber seal (red arrow),

how you glued it and what is the thickness of the plywood hatch ?

hey mate, what tube are you using ? I’m going for active cooling with a hole in the nose and searching for the adequate tube & size

The famous @Toto44 seal. It should be in my bom list or you can go for here:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07VX69WNC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_JRBMN1H7QXJMNPRYARHT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Sry I forgot. It’s double sided taped already. So I did not use additional adhesive. Plywood is around 1cm I think. Should be mentioned somewhere in my build