okpTow - Jatem's style

The efoilsolution one:

I’ve tried 3-4 trolleys so far, and this is the best for a tow boogie. It’s a little bit more expensive and requires some modifications to make the handle, but works really well in soft sand.

It keeps the boogie flat so loading the battery is easy, and the prop is far off the ground so less chance of hitting roots etc.

I can drag my boogie and board up steps with this trolley.

2 Likes

Dual 6384 motors and ESCs in a tow boogie is very interesting as it decreases torque and weighs less. Do you have a series of pictures or a thread on this build? Can you publish the details on the dual motor setup - what it looks and rides like, how to control two ESCs with one remote, battery connection to both ESCs or two separate batteries, overall weight distribution and positioning of tow boogie, how it handles waves/chop, etc.? Thanks.

eskates use dual ESC’s to power two front wheels… one remote only

1 Like

This might be an easy solution for someone.

It’s a cheap extendable aluminium ladder with a simple threaded bar as an axel and mountain board wheels.

I’ve since added a stopper so the board doesn’t slide and touch the wheels.

6 Likes

hi all,

I’ll post my building thread sooner or later but want to give big thanks to @Etiennebzh @Jesserosco @ludwig_bre @V_S for all the support

Dual 6384 SAITE 130KV
2x5S12P 50S : 33km distance autonomy
Volker props
Dual HV3 Controller

have a blast all.

12 Likes

in action

6 Likes

Interesting! I linked atua cores here some 4 years ago but didn’t see anyone using their services yet. How much was the core to cut? Was it a good experience dealing with them?

1 Like

Looks brilliant. Have you tried it in swell yet?

1 Like

yes, you cannot go wrong with Atuacores. The owner Alexis is just a 5 star service with so much dedication. I don’t remember exactly the price but it was cheap. Definitely cheap.

Thanks, Yes I did. It’s insanely fun. You can glide forever and the tow take the swell pretty nicely. Only thing I will upgrade is to add a piece of foam (that children use to learn swimming) on the front to avoid having the nose go down sometimes in good swell. It’s doable without if you have a good throttle management but that would be my only “upgrade”.

Another video of why having a TOW is just so cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_Yqr1zIlIc/

5 Likes

Great. A noodle is an easy addition.

Another class video. It looks so much fun.

1 Like

Bonjour,
J’ai regardé ton projet et je suis intriguée par les connecteurs étanche que tu as utilisé à l’extérieur de ta malette étanche. Aurait tu

un liens ou pourrais tu me donner plus d’information à ce propos.
Merci d’avance