Prop design share

Yes you can print for free but you also run a chance of the prop failing far from your launch location. :wink:

The manufactured props already mentioned are in the $100 - $150 range
A less expensive option is a Fliteboard prop at $50

3d printed prop, pet material, sanded surface and glue reinforced. Works good all 2022 season, and broke in the beginning of this season 2023. Ride distance more than 300km.

6 Likes

Design looks like a flite prop!

You are right. It’s 3d scan with little modification

1 Like

Share the design with the community ?
:grinning:

3 Likes
7 Likes

You got it as step? Stls are so crippling to work with!

Thanks!

2 Likes

The community thanks you friend :pray:t2:
Also if you can provide .stp/step file it would be much appreciated.

For transparency I’m not using it myself, but shared few designs here so people can tweak them to their own sauce too.

1 Like

Thanks. Would you have it in non splined version ?

2 Likes

Hi there all, we did some test on a few different props.

I went a bit overboard an made a whole datasheet out of it. But please let me know what you think of it.

Sorry for the length… didn’t see the pdf upload function.

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Kwinty. Interesting to see and helpful for me since I haven’t selected a prop yet for my first build. I’m curious why you chose to test several Waydoo propellers, but I suppose testing what you have never hurts. Would be interesting to see the Fliteboard prop added in there since it seems to be a popular inexpensive option.

@Kwinty: Some data is within a quite close range - what is the precision of your measurements?

Indeed just tested what I had laying around. Yeah the list of to test props is adding quite fast :slight_smile:

Tested in practice, as for precision make your judgements on the raw data. Some runs were linger than others. as for the speed I can’t do better than this, it would require a professional test setup then.

And this. is reasonable? https://grabcad.com/library/propeller134-5x211-6mm-1

Anyone tried a toroidal prop?

…as on this video
Note - excellent video and he links to some awesome software for designing props etc.

1 Like

Has anyone had success with the Waydoo 120 T Metal prop? It’s a 12mm bore so it should work on a lot of the mid. to upper level motors out there. (It’s too much prop for a 66112 motor though, I burned one up last weekend with this prop. It probably needs a 65161 or larger.)

Just ordered it at waydoo germany as a friend of mine told me that this one has awesome efficiency for 120mm diameter and I wanted durable aluminium…
So let`s see how it behaves on the flipsky motor :sweat_smile:

Do you have the link for that? The website confusing…

This is interesting. Anyone tried it?