Quarantine Efoil

Just replace the 2 original cylinder with grey case for 8mm bullet connector. I printed the grey case with a resin printer.

Internally, the principal case has these components. In these component you can remove original black cylinder and replace with grey cylinder (3d printed).

This is the original black cylinder or plug that would be replaced with grey stuff

The result:

2 Likes

Algun fabricante de baterias Li-ion de confianza y que me puedan recomendar en España. Vamos que no se queme! Si es en Barcelona donde vivo sería mejor. Busco bateria 13s12p Samsung 30Q para mi efoil. Con BMS minimo 150A. Gracias

Waiting for my battery.

Handle installed

1 Like

My battery Samsung 30Q 13s12p from Alvilitio came yesterday, I am so happy. It fit well, dimension: 250x240x85mm. The work continnues…

3 Likes

First run of my motor with little problems, I think:

Problem Solved:
https://foil.zone/t/strange-behaviour-of-my-motor/11857?u=f16model

1 Like

Sounds like misfire, which gasoline do you use? :slight_smile:

Jajaja. I was thinking the same.

It would be nice to check first with another remote , just in case it is not just the throttle signal

1 Like

Is that the Yamaha clone propeller, 7.5 X 7 or 8 pitch?

Yes. 7 1/2 x 7 - BA propeller

Thanks. Think that one is one of the better of “standard propellers”. By the way nice project and nice hand crafting!

1 Like

Hey Pablo,
nice build!

Did you just wet layup the board with CF or have you vacuumed it?
Can you describe the process of putting the CF on the board you’ve used?
How many layers and which weight of CF?

Thanks

I used vacuum very ligth 30-40% because you dont want to crush your foam (make test with your pump). This is just to guarantee layers stick well in the foam.

I used 1 layer of 3k 2x2 Twill Carbon Fiber 200gsm and 1 layer of fiber glass 160gsm (2x2 twill). I made the arrangment of both layers along the top surface and then applied epoxy resin with roller. Then I covered with peel ply, release film and breather and finally applied vacuum. The same process to the bottom surface. So one day the top surface, other day the bottom surface. Dont forget use masking tape to limit the extension of layers. Need a lot of patience.

1 Like

Did you put glass on top of CF or on the bottom - on the foam?

How did you manage not to get folds on fabric when vacuuming?

After taking the peel ply off what did you use to get shiny surface?

I put fiber glass at top of the carbon fiber. This way you protect Carbon fiber from sanding. When sanding also try to not scratch the glass fiber.

Actually I have some fold. I try to put peel ply in position (as an additional layer with resin). vacuum must be light at beginning in order to accommodate the bag.

After taking the peel ply, I apply thick resin, Then I sand. Then again thick resin and sand. Again resin and sand…Until you see a uniform surface. Always take care dont scratch or minimum scratch the fiber glass. Finally apply a clear epoxy top coat (dont need to be thick or the minimum recommended for provider).

1 Like

This is also a good/simple option for inserts.

1 Like

Sounds like an ESC problem. Which one are you using? I’m building with Maytech 65162 motor also.

I use ESC Kedean 200A. Peak 560A
Problem was solved. Was the transmitter. I tried with another and here the result:

1 Like

I’m really curious about the performance of your built. I bought the same propeller, but I’m also planning to print and test a whole bunch of other propellers.

1 Like