Slow Build Austria / Salzburg

I knew it, but i need to save place :wink:

1 Like

That’s good! That’s just a FYI for people starting their build thinking that they absolutely must cut the corners of their VESC! :wink:

and, what would you want to say with theme?

Well, if they have the space I’d tell them to get a bigger enclosure so they don’t have to cut their VESC :blush:

Okay, but i not cut my VESC, i cut only something from the Alucoolingblock. So he fits perfectly into the enclosure. Also i add Pads for better transfering the temeratures to the enclosure and from that outside to the aluminium plate.

1 Like

Looking forward if the passive cooling will also handle 100amp continuous over longer period. You want to go fast, don’t you? :smile:

after my son broken my duct, I decided to make some modifications.

So, I will ride now without and hope on the weekend I will be reach >40 km/h :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Not with 12s and FR prop! Maybe if you run 14s. Soon I will test my Samurai propellor on your motor (120kv), this will be fast.

Hehe 14s go brrrrrr. :joy:

@nice2cu
can you please tell me the thickness of the alu blades of your prop?
I’m going to mill my own prop out of alu, but I’m afraid of vibrations during machining.
thx

Nice. Is it a FR prop ? Would you test with and without the nose-shaped boss end ? I ask because David FR prefers straight, without cone (more silent).

Did you get any difference with and without The endcap.

It would be intressting to know if someone have done and tested a vortex diffuser to a FR propeller.
I would guess We should be able to gain some efficiency if we get a good shape to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, because i got my metr Dongle not working good.
When i fixed that problem, then I can measure the difference.

hi heddan99,

many thanks for the link! i do a simple test on my system this weekend with an v2 steel endcap with little blades

greetings

1 Like

And what is the result?

sorry my bad english. " i will do it this weekend 19.9 "

but please you can post a picture here before :wink:

Today after work I drove to the Wolfgangsee lake.
I tried again after iOS and metr Update to got good data, but see, still something is not working :flushed:

.I am a carpenter . but think the project made of stainless steel spinner with blades will be good. more power can only be achieved through more power … or how was that? i dont know realy …

more on that soon. i’m really looking forward to the first flight with it :slight_smile: robert, i’m also looking forward to the e-foil meeting in austria soon!

3 Likes

Hi,
I’m fighting exactly like you with the Metr/Ios and Maytech Combo.
I told you before that it seems to help to go 9600baud compared to 115200 that is std.
Today I made another finding as I moved my phone up from my board and keep it at my chest. I can now get BT Metr data for about 5min instead of 20s before having to reboot Metr App.
The problem is very likely to be the Maytech remote which is 2,4Ghz and operates at BT range (without certification). Easiest would be to get 433Mhz remotes, but where…

Fun test is to turn on the Maytech close to normal 100Mhz FM radio. Mine went completely disturbed :slight_smile:
Anyone with Android using Metr + Maytech remote combo who can comment if you have it working or same radio disturbance?

BR,
Mattias