Hi to everyone,
I would like to add motor into my inflatable 12,6ft SUP (13kg + 80kg me) to be mostly used on lakes, rivers, potentially sea and that would give me reasonable speed (around 20km/h if possible)
My total budget is limited to 500USD.
After reading through the forum and seeing that most of you are now opting for low kv 65161 motor run at 12s, I was trying to find something close to it but not at such high costs.
Motor I am looking for should be if possible:
- inrunner (problems fixing outrunner motor onto the fin)
- used as direct drive
- as low kv as possible
- used with smaller propeller/lower pitch to tackle higher kv than you usually use (70-100mm?)
So far I came up with:
- Flipsky 56115 200KV (strangely this motor been pulled down from all sites except flipsky, did not see anybody trying to use it here, no reviews either)
- SSS 56114 360KV (10mm shaft)
- APS 56115 100KV (pulling only 50A at 24s, so probably not so much power)
- Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-149KV (2kw max, outrunner)
- Flipsky R 6374 190KV 3250W (3kw max, outrunner)
- Flipsky 6384 190KV (4kw max, outrunner)
As for ESC, I am planning to use Flipsky FSESC 200A 60V ESC matched with Flipsky VX2 remote control.
What are your opinions on this build? I have never build anything to be used on the water, so propellers, attaching propellers (do I need some extension shaft or can I fix propeller right on the motor shaft?), waterproofing stuff…all this is something totally new for me.
I will be using small 4s lipos I used to fly with on mini quadcopters. In total I have 18 pcs of 4s 1300-1800mah (12x 1300, 6x 1800mah) lipos which should give me 7800 mAh 12s lipo. Not the neatest solution but for the start I would like to use what I have
As for attaching motor onto the fin I plan to do something like this, even though 3D printed solution from [rcjetman] looks super neat and enables outrunner motor use.
Appreciate your input.