[Surf n' Destroy] Building a flying sniper rifle case

It’s so cool that you are going the same route than us. The case looks massive :wink: Please keep us updated and show some more details. What is the weight of that tank :slight_smile: ?

I’m really looking forward to that :wink:

The whole setup is about 64lbs. Went out for a morning test session

^ That’s my partner in crime

A very senior builder on the island gifted us the VESC mk6, it was cutting out at 120 amps. Its going to take a bit more current to get this barge to fly! My 5” PLA printed prop also may not be helping. I’ve got a 200 amp controller and will try to install this evening.

6 Likes

Did the case stay water proof? Which one did you use?

Hi the riflecase surfers,

actually, can you post more pictures ?

I would especially love to see the screws that link the base plate to the case and the mastplate etc… and if possible, have the .STEP or .part of the base or the whole assembly (spoiler : I want to 100% copy-paste you :smiley: )

Hi @nicolaje: I gonna try to upload all the CAD data needed to Thingiverse today or tomorrow. Maybe @kotnascher can send some more pictures :wink:

May I suggest a folding bow to ease your take-offs and touch-downs ? During transport it can also stay inside the case. A triangular rib will stiffen the assembly.

Folding bow

3 Likes

Aloha,

No, it hasn’t stayed waterproof. To be fair, its a pretty old - well used, pelican case. I’d suggest starting from new like superlefax and kotnascher did.

Also - I need to build a new battery pack, may as well go ahead and do a 16s 9P :grinning:. You guys know what’s going on with the Samsung 30q’s? They seem to be out of stock at many of the reputable sites & those that do have them are asking $6.50 - $7.00 each… ouch. Any ideas on safe alternatives?

Oh snap! I made our first YouTube video haha.

Stay tuned for more development.

1 Like

I put everything inside a stp for a 100% copy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you so much !

I’m still affraid of this part:

You waterproof this by just puttin silicon on the screwhead ?

Also, how do you put a screw here, under the plate to fix the vertical bar, without it creating vertical offset / void between the case and the plate ?

Cheers

For the screws outside we used those ones with a bit silicon underneath the head:
grafik

Did you ever heard about countersunk screws :slight_smile: ? I’m really looking forward to your build.

1 Like

We thought about a triangle too, but were too lazy to implement it. Not a bad idea to make the front tip foldable.

Different ways to see a bow (de: Bogen):

• a bent single surface (+ rib ?)
  • as a quarter of a 3D ellipse that could be… inflatable or shaped in XPS.
  • pyramidal that can also be folded easily from a single sheet, designed parametrically according to rifle case width and thickness.
  • . . .

1 Like

Wow.
most epic board I’ve ever seen.
Thanks for sharing, creative folks!

That is a great build and a fairly easy, cheapish and fast way for first timers to see if efoil is even something they think is fun.

Regarding your item list I can not even find the VESC on hgltech.com and the cheapest foil for efoil I can find on rlboards is $700+ not €420 and equally I can not find the battery at nkon.nl - ahhh I see now, you used 7 ours to make the battery your selfs - is that what you used the Max case 004 for?

I may be looking the wrong way? But I wanted to buy all the items on the list for my son, so he could have a go at it.

Heyho,
here is the Link for the Vesc:
https://firduo.com/collections/hgltech-esc/products/hgltech-hi200-75v-200a-esc-base-on-vesc-for-e-foil-surfboard-hydrofoil
You can try HGLTECH20 as code, maybe it still works

The cheapest way to get the Foil is to write René an email what you need and ask him for the price: renda.lehman@icloud.com
In our case: Frontwing (efoil-wing 2018), backwing, fuselage, mast 75cm, mastplate, srews
I payed with Paypal Family and friend

I spotwelded the battery by myself with Samsung 30q but they got pretty expensive like all battery cells right now. Where are you from?
Cheers

2 Likes

Great thank you. The code is not valid anymore.

I’m from Denmark

this one still works: hgltech10

Great, thank you very much!