[Surf n' Destroy] Building a flying sniper rifle case

Thank you so much! Some more questions - what is POM? And do you have the .stl for that POM plate you use on the other end of your clamp?

And how do you connect the MountBack to the v4_22_shell nose cone? I see the four holes that line up on each part, but are screws involved, or do you connect them some other way?

thanks!!!

send me your email
20 char

DIY RIFLE CASE EFOIL for less than 1800€

*Creating your own jetboard or efoil build is a dream for many aspiring
DIY developers! Today we meet Frank and Julian from Germany who
created one of the most unusual efoils in the world based on a sniper
rifle case which not only works great but also became one of the most
affordable builds! Frank and Julian are going to share their insights
and tips on how you can create your own efoil from scratch!

8 Likes

Hallo, welchen Propeller habt ihr verwendet?

My case, Pelican Air 1745, came in first with the all the other electric bits in route.
I’ve made boards before and this is a great idea since I wasn’t looking forward to shaping and glassing again.
SF Bay Area if anyone else want to join in.

3 Likes

The case looks really good. Looking forward to your build details :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi @FNGMaker, did you get that first Hawaiian gun case to fly?

Cheers

Had to shelf the project. Wife was upset with the amount of attention it was getting vs. her :grin:

I know, this hobby is a real Lady-killer :laughing:

I was just in Maui and tried to buy the parts you had on CR, emailed a few times, I thought you had changed your mind and were going ahead with it.

Build another efoil for her and push her on it. Worked for me pretty well

1 Like

Can also confirm this works lol. Now I have to make the Mrs one also

The 65161 120kv motor arrived but the FSESC and the prop are delayed now so I cancelled that order and have them on the way from another seller. My friend donated a couple of used foil setups to the project, Cloud IX F series mast and 32 wing set with some spares and a F-One Freeride mast and foil that was found on the rocks with just a few scratches.
I’ll start printing out some of the mods I have drawn up so far with regular FDM to test fitment and do the final bits on the nylon powder printer.
Battery plans so far is a 16S12P 20700 51Ah 180A pack that should be around 13-15 kgs with the case for it, luckily I have most of the cells for it since the price of them has gone up a lot.
Is a bigger battery a good thing or is it just extra weight to haul around and kill range and power?

@kotnascher and me running the rifle case @16S10p 30Ah. That is enough capacity for longer runs. I want to have it as lightweight as possible. So I wouldn’t recommend having a 15kg battery

1 Like

64ulfn
Sorry i mean 27 Ah

Hello kotnascher, love the build. I’m copying your build as a shortcut to having a working efoil.

Would you wager a guess on the minimum power necessary to get the rifle case on foil?

I’ll eventually build a board, but that’ll take some time. My ultimate plan was to have a 14S14P battery, and I thought that battery could serve both purposes for the rifle case board and built board that would come later.

I have my doubts 14S would be enough power. …and 14P may add too much weight.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for showing your supplies list, their cost, and source. This will help me greatly with the things I can’t manufacture.

1 Like

Hey Brandon, thx for your praise.
In my opinion higher voltage is just a matter of top speed. With my new HA-Wing i need around 180Amp Motorcurrent to get my fat ass out of the water, regardless of whether i’m using 12 or 16s.
Your question about the P-Value depends on the Cells you want to use. I prefer two smaller batterys over one bigpack.

Cheers

2 Likes

Which HA wing did you get? Is that with the 65161?

A few photos from today’s tests11111112

5 Likes