Universal foil assist / efoil / tow solution (2nd)

Based on the learnings of my first fully sealed foil assist project (NEW DIY Foil Drive Assist KILLER from Austria) I have startet the following all in one solution. First prints are testest right now. Details are following.
Connector solutions are inspired by @hangloose . The two motor connectors are 100% @hangloose compatible. @hangloose let my know if this is OK for you…
I am sharing the files when tests are finished.
Time to get in the water today…

7 Likes

reserved for updates A

reserved for updates B

Yes, of course that’s fine with me.
Keep it up, I’m excited. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I think the battery capacity is too small for tow boogie.

1 Like

There is a second connector for a additional battery. Details are coming soon

Using a light board like a tow boogie is a very difficult task. In addition, if in the case of a foil assist, placing the battery under the bottom makes sense in the case of a quick takeoff, then in relation to a tow boogie this is an unnecessary constant resistance.

That’s debatable, its funny how Foil Drive sold their V1 as a look at use we have no resistance so we put it on the deck. Now with gen 2 they market it as look at us, clean deck and only resistance sometimes. I’d argue neither of their products are actually optimal at all.

2 Likes

I agree with this and just wanted to note that in my opinion the idea of ​​​​locating the box under the bottom is not viable in relation to the tow boogie.

Applications are
A) assist: controller + battery under water
B) efoil: controller under water + battery with cable in or on the board
C) tow boogie: controller either under water or on top, depends on my cooling results. I am also testing different boards (boogie, different boards with tracks…). Wireless range needs also be tested in different scenarios. For now I will use a bremote long range. I am currently studying passive antenna extensions. Experience/ideas/etc. is very welcome here…
D) scuba dive, etc.

1 Like

Short update.
Water tests in the next days.
Tow boogie motor mount and bigger battery still in production.

9 Likes

nice build, what material is the case made of?

I printed everything in petg
First water test was yesterday:

Works good. Unfortunately the wireless connection of the bremote is not as good as with the flipsky controller. But it is still possible to do a under water start by pressing the controller on the board. This board is 110cm with 14 liter. Foil is a 1201. perfect for pumping around…

4 Likes

This is fantastic! Is the 3D-printed case actually strong enough to support the mast? Do you think it’s also possible to 3D print the u-profile that’s currently made of aluminum?

Can you show a video of the start on a 14 liter board?

1 Like

I printed just 2mm walls. Strength comes from coating with epoxy. I do some minor fixes and share the files soon. I think you can replace the Aluminium but will be hard to print the size.

1 Like

You ignored my question, so I’ll ask it again. You previously posted a video of a flat water start on a 40L board. Can you post a video of a start on a 14L board?

Don’t worry, I will do this for you.

Excellent. I look forward to it.

I would like to warn against buying SEQURE ESCs with BlHeli32 firmware. This program is no longer supported and the Chinese are flashing the ESCs with a pre-release version. It is impossible to configure it correctly. Here is the answer that the support service gave me.

1 Like