Waydoo Kickstarter gathered $268K. Is $4K commercial eFoil realistic?

In fact it is 20% more than the KS prices : 4900 and 4960usd

That’s the aluminium fuslage/motor housing.

For all we know the guy drove it into the bottom.

Will be interesting if we see more of this from Waydoo,

Hi.

I hit the bottom all the time. 15 mph, foil right into rocks. Nothing more then a scratch on the slingshot wing. My setup is bullet proof.

That Waydoo design is terrible.

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

about design, I wanna ask few days already why most builds on forum with motor mounted on mast? - because it simple for DIY?

Waydoo connect motor on the bottom of mast.

Hi.

I think they just copied Fliteboard.

But, it’s a very fragile design. Both the front and the rear wing will easily snap off if bumped into anything.

Plus, no way to easily swap out wings? Or shim the rear wing? I have 3 different front wings I use for different types of situations. Big wing for surfing, medium wing for cruising and exploring, and small wing for high speed!

My rear wing is easy to shim, to match the front wing, and tune the feel of the board.

I’m not impressed with Waydoo. You get what you pay for! I suggest just building your own! When this board breaks you won’t even be able to easily use any of the parts because of how the mast and battery are attached. It will just be a pile of useless parts.

I’m asking because I’m willing to buy for first build aluminum mast and I think it will be very easy connect it to aluminium pipe using the similar mechanism as plate connected to board

Something like this, and motor could be inside this pipe

It’s a bad design to have to motor at the very bottom of the mast because the motor and prop will get damaged hitting the bottom.

Ok, I see now your point. Sure, if motor not covered by wing or ducts the usual here design is better

I figured out where this break is:

Terrible design! So many are going to break like that!
It looks like it is some form of moulded composite. Definitely doesn’t look like aluminium.

It was reposted by someone on the Facebook efoil page, when I asked where it was from they just said some Waydoo owner thread so I don’t know the original source.

I thought the wing had snapped where it screws into the fuselage, figured it might’ve been designed that way intentionally to save the fuselage and mast from damage. If the fuselage itself broke that’s a lot worse…

Either way the interior material looks more like drywall than carbon or aluminum :rofl:

Yeah its the fuselage itself that snapped. The two side by side screws were what threw me off initially but then I looked at a review video and saw them further up the fuselage. Terrible design!

Is it really broken ? , straight edge , no holes for the screws , flush to wing …

Clearly you did not look at the picture I posted…

This is not a nice Design :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Yeah it does. That’s what cast aluminium looks like when you snap it. We are so used to seeing cnc machined parts that we forget some cavemen are still casting aluminium. Sure casting has its place, but not on an efoil.

1 Like

And you can’t remove the prop shroud because the rear wing mounts to it!? Seriously? :rofl:

Cast aluminum submerged in salt water… this will surely end well :thinking:

you are right i didn’t realized that was that far away from the wing, just in front of the mast

This tubular part is too large to break. However close to the wing trailing edge… the fuselage is not only very thin plus we have this small cavity which is obviously too big for the stress…plus the screw holes… = not enough material = three reasons to break.
WD ONE crack 01
WD ONE crack 02

2 Likes

nice! i prefer this picture…, is that hole some kind of water intake ?