When will the Flipsky VX3 be released?

Yes, I did it with a 1.5m Antenna from Maytech.
It is better but not so good like the Maytech without a external antenna.

Do you have a photo, how you attached the antenna?

Exactly what he said. Pretty sure we all have, but it doesn’t make it on the same level as Maytech. It’s noticeable for me as I have to keep my board as out of the water as possible vs Maytech I do not. Same ext antenna.

Maybe try our waterproof remote control

Where can we buy your remote from?

Has anyone disassembled an erayfoil remote to show how well it’s waterproofed - compared to the budget epoxy/coatings on the maytech which don’t last?

What do you think about this remote? Have you heard anything about it from anyone? I can’t find any information? I might buy one to test out?

I’ve tried to get one for a review because I’m sceptical as well about the waterproofing and working of the Tx/Rx. But they offered only a small discount. If they are 100% behind the product and would like to sell here a honest review would help a lot…

I agree something out of the box that is fully waterproof, good signal strength, and affordable.

Their seller thread seems to indicate the eray is potted, rather than having a proper sealed housing. I’d like a remote that has o-rings/gaskets and is watertight, not just coated electronics sitting in salt water.

I just bought one Erayfoil remote, so I hope it gets here before the season ends. I will do a full review and post lots of pictures.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002400981820.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.48f54c4dku8njI

1 Like

Although I do not need another remote, I could not find any reviews or proper information about this remote. Until a fully sealed waterproof remote at reasonable prices is introduced, the only solution is the Maytech, Flipsky and hopefully this Erayfoil remote will perform well and be another additional option for DIY Efoiler’s.

1 Like

Hey, I’ve just received vx3 but I’m having problrms setting it up with vesc. I have hgltech hi200 75/200 vesc.
I have conneted it to UART.
In vesc tools in input wizard on NRF input i see the reading from the remote but regardless of the reading it is either off or on 100%.

When I save configuration to app it stays the same.
Is it because there’s no load or I’m doing something wrong?
Is there any way to set it up to controll the rpm with no load?

Ok, managed.
In vesc tools I have reduced max A to motor to 5A and now the remote changes the motor speed accordingly with no load.
I’ll increase it back before wet test.

Are you running current control?

Yes, i don’t see another option in vesc tools (except off, current no reverse and current bidirectional)

There should be “duty cycle no reverse” as well which you can also use for bench testing without load.

thw VX3 have UART communication.
I switched between Duty Circle and Current Controll. With this Remote you see no difference…

In app settings, general, App to use: UART, I can’t choose duty cycle under VESC remote
Receiver is connected on UART