ESC Flycolor X Cross HV3 settings on BlHeli 32

Thanks.
Actually I walked away from the fdgen2 style.
I will first put this aluminum block on the board.
And then try it bellow the board next to the mast , tied to the mast and mast base.
For the sealed standalone concept I will have to solve the turning on/off the unit. Currently the plane to use a low rds mosfet, <1mohm, meaning a mosfet which will dissipate less power. And the mosfet will turn on gradually by connecting the motor cable.

Hey, why you need to disconnect the receiver for programming?
Programming connects to tx+gnd. Receiver connects to gnd+signal.
Isn’t it?

I have to disconnect the plug with +/gnd/signal because they are connected together on the same plug and this one go on the usb chip.

Thanks, but I don’t quite understand

Hi,
I’m coming back to you with a problem on my Flycolor xcross HV3 120A ESC, which beeps as soon as I pull the trigger but without starting the motor, just after 3 sessions that worked fine.
I tested everything (other motor, other remote control, other receiver, everything works fine on my other boxes), I reinitialized the ESC via the blheli PC application, I checked the continuity of the 3 phases, I also checked the ESC calibration hypothesis, I performed the recalibration operation with the beeps, but nothing helped. I also check the 3 phase cables are OK. No problem connecting to the ESC via the usb dongle. What analysis and solution can you suggest?

Thanks

Maybe this helps:
'Maytech motor beeps - doesn't work
Bec problem

1 Like

What voltage you use for the receiver/esc?

It works with 5 volts

I tried with two BEC, and I also tried the BEC on the same flycolor xcross, the BEC works well, the receiver blue light is on (meaning receiver has current and remote is paired). I really hoped it was a BEC issue, but it’s not that. (I use 5V BEC).
It really seems that the ESC reboots each time I pull the trigger, (I see a vey litlle movement of the motor when I pull the trigger, and directly the 3 beeps of the arming sequence)

Have you reverted all settings in the blheli32suite to factory default?
If e.g autotelemetry is on and has issues when pulling the trigger this could reboot the mcu in the ESC. Just an example tho…

yes I reverted all settings to factory default, I also flashed to the latest firmware

Thanks for the idea, I will check again that telemetry is off

Maybe a mosfet is malfunctioning, can you remove the cover and check or is it potted?

Can I ask what thermal protection setting people have used on the 160a x cross esc? Thanks.

1 Like

I found that at very low torque, and low trigger pull with the maytech remote, the motor is not spinning properly. Then when I seriously pull the trigger, It works nicely. Do you guys have the same behavior?

There is a deal now on Ali for X-Cross 160A at $62
https://a.aliexpress.com/_opBA3vO

1 Like

Might be a scam, i ordered the cheapest on ali around christmas, no package was sent within the guaranteed time so i cancelled the order.

I just ordered one 7 days ago at this price, and just received it this morning, seems real

2 Likes

I must congratulate👍

Is the current protection setting measuring current at the battery, or at the phase wires?
I see that you’ve set current sense calibration to +100%, which would seem to double the reported current.