ESC Flycolor X Cross HV3 settings on BlHeli 32

I probably set the motor at max power and continued at max power above the water which likely caused the issue.
This is likely a consequence of inexperience. Pointing the board upwards is probably sufficient. I am experimenting. There’s very little information available on foil-assist techniques for those who don’t know how to foil yet

Ye, battery was full. No BMS, just fuse.

I doubt it’s an overheating issue for several reasons:

1. The previous session was completely fine.
  2. The slowdown only began after a few startups and ollies, with rest periods in between.
  3. The ESC always feels cold to the touch (unlike the battery). Active cooling is a very effective type of cooling.

Slow down is caused by low voltage limit or temperature (lots of users set it to 90 degrees). If you’re battery is weak, you’ll see by the bargraph flashing on your Remote when you take off.

Cut off is caused by current limit protection reached. Generally set to 60 amp for the heavier riders. It’s a good " battery saver"

The experience was definitely similar to when the battery runs out of power. It’s likely that the ESC detected a pulse voltage sag and switched into a low-power mode as a precaution.
However, there are additional settings whose functions I’m not familiar with.