Fliteboard prop alternative to FR?

80kg total weight? Or just the rider?

Big diff upwind/downwind. Not so easy for you to know, but you need to look in both directions. This is absolutely not my most efficient setup. Its a 800sqcm wing for 135kg total weight! But it was a very unique experience compared to gong Veloce, RL, Naish, Unifoil hyper setups that i all ready have.

14s x 4,2v x 0.97 x 41,2A = 2300w for 30km/h

62Wh/km x 30km/h = 1860w

Yep, I guess you are both right, but the momentary consumption is not fully correct and also I have about 3v @40A. I would say 2,0kW to make it even.
I have the exact same @30kmh when I ride my Unifoil Hyper 190, which is a super efficient foil.
That one I can ride with 22A @24kmh thought.
All about which speed and how fat you are that plays in most :slight_smile:
Secondly how high you ride, with 19mm mast it needs to divide some water, this seems to play bigger role in higher speed…

More logs here:

Flite7", FR6", FR7" and Prototype 7"

1 Like

2 Likes

Anyone tried to mount the flite duct to a flipsky motor?

I’ve come to the conclusion that it won’t fit!.. without some major modification.

In this picture you can see the blades touching the duct beams and it still has about 15mm to go down the shaft.

This is how much needs to be cut off to make it work.

I’m also about to mount the Flite duct to a Flipsky motor and came to the same conclusion. My plan is to extend the back of the propeller with a 3D printed part, filled with epoxy.

Oh, do you believe it will be stable enough and centered?

I was thinking about milling out the motor diameter on the duct and reinforce that part with eooxy.

But it would definitely be Easier to replace a broken part without the need of modification, with your solution.

Did this on another prop and it worked quite well. The prop itself was not good but the extension worked. You have to make sure it’s still balanced though.

If the shaft is long enough you could also 3d print an adapter to fill the gap and drill an extra hole for the shear pin in the shaft. This way, the extra material is not rotating. Otherwise drop the duct and print an adapter only, that should work.

Found a flite prop in the US for $45+9 shipping. Ordered one to give it a try.

https://perfectwave.com/product/flite-part-flite-efoil-propulsion-system-propeller-complete/

1 Like

It’s good, I did try it on 100kv and 120kv motor with 12S.

1 Like

@Ackermann which kV does the Flite prop prefer ? (on 12S)

Thanks!

You can run it on 100kv and 120kv. For 100kv around 37km/h and for 120 should be up to 40. Depends ofc also on wing

Gotcha, i’m a beginner (but accidentally have both motors, 100 and 120) and are about to wire the motor on the board, I am mostly interested in lower power usage, I guess the 100 would perform somewhat better then?

100kv and 120kv should have approximately the same power usage for the same torque/speed output. Even though the 100kv motor will require lower current for the same torque, it will also have higher resistance (thinner wires) so the resistive losses in the motor should stay approximately the same. The motor controller however will be more happy (cooler) with lower kv, but doesn’t count for much in the total efficiency.
If you want to lower power usage you should buy a efficient wing (high aspect ratio) and try to decrease hydrodynamic losses. (and loose some weight :sweat_smile:)
I am running 100kv motor, 13s battery and the manta prop and I am not able to go much above 30km/h. I also have the cheapest foil (alibaba), so I can’t complain…

Did you ever manage to get these up for sale?

Yes we sold already many with our efoils as well as spares.

https://mantafoils.ecwid.com/#!/Propeller-for-volt-efoil/p/287058472/category=110383358