GONG PRO surf wings

Where did you see the curve T?

Gong Galaxy group

1 Like

I had to glue my mast to baseplate to lower the play so no, it’s still not pefect.

thx , will contact them

also didn’t saw it on their website… can some one send link to it…?

Thx

I posted a video thread in the surf foiling section. The first video is of the new Gong wing.

I have the Rise XL and Curve M. Just ordered the Curve L - T today! Now my “gong wait” begins.

What do you guys think, for a 65kg rider, should probably go with the MT?

14S, 120kv Flipsky motor, FR 6" prop

all the XL 's are not available I would like you get a Alvator pro XL

For an efoil (I am your size) I think that would work if you want to go fast. I use it for surf foil and I can hold it in the water on waist high waves that used to throw me off on my Rise XL. So I’d say at your size you keep it in the water at a pretty good speed.

It will lift me with a knee high wave with some push, but just barely. Very responsive wing.

1 Like

Would curve L or Lt be better for a rider 83 kg + efoil weight?

Man, I’d say go bigger. The Curve XL is loved by the wind wing guys. Not sure of your speed but I’d think bigger is better since your board is going to weight quite a bit.

They have charts on their product pages that list weight ranges and speeds.

I have a the exact opposite opinion than @Surfcowboy :joy:
Go small. I used to learn on Rise L. Now I foil with Pro/curve M, which is much more fun. Also I tried Rise XL which feels like foiling an aircraft carrier.
You don’t want to exceed curve L. Try MT or M.
Btw: I have efoil with batt around 25kg. I am around 93kg. Motor Flipsky 120kv with 6" rodeo. For start I need quite some amp but just for couple of secs

Cheerio

2 Likes

I’ll take it! :joy: I’m speaking from more surf and wing experience. You motorized guys have the power.

2 Likes

Can someone help me chose a gong foil? I am 70kg and have surf experience. It seems like low TCR and high aspect ratio is the way to go so I was thinking of getting either:

• Veloce M
  • Veloce L
  • Curve/Pro MT

For stabs I was thinking:

• Veloce 43cm
  • Kite Pro 40cm

I will probably buy a Rise XL as well for learning on or for others to use the board, since the Rise series is so cheap and it’s easy to change foils. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have rise xl and curve M.
I would never buy The rise xl again, i think it is very hard to control. I regrett i did not buy The L or M rise for my first foil.
I love my curve M for Both surfing and efoiling.
I think Rise xl is harder to foil on compare to curve M. It is so slow and makes it hard to control and surf on.
That is my personal experience anyway. Would love to try The veloce and compare it with the curve.

1 Like

I have the Gong m Veloce with normal 40cm stab. If we get to meet this summer you can try it. I will probably sell it, only tried it 3kms.
I was not very impressed with stability, but strangely the lift was more than enough for my 100kgs, it is 1000cm2 after all. I would rather recommend a wider 80cm wing in same area span. Axis and Armstrong have bunch, but it’s not for us poor DIYers.

1 Like

Sure, let me know if you want to sell it.
I think i read on The forum that someone else also tried The veloce wing with the standard stab and it was terrible and that you really need to have the veloce stab for it to work good.

Once you go curve/pro M, you never go back

1 Like