Manufoil 2nd buil

Well seems I will have to wait for David to produce another batch of 7inch prop. The 7inch I purchased from a forum member was in fact a 6inch, pretty annoyed about it Really disappointed

I’m getting good speed with the 6 inch can’t wait to try the 7

1 Like

Tibo, may I ask you to share a photo of your water intake and escape for water cooling?!

All goes through the mast. Intake tube goes down the mast and connect in the pod facing forward so it can passive cool. I choose to not drill an exit through the board and have a short tube going back in the mast.

2 Likes

If you got someone to cut a prop for you I can whip up a 3d file for you…

Would be awesome Jezza, a mate got a Haas it should so the job :smiley:

I machined an heatsink to TIG weld on the 75200 vesc heatsink. Then I just have to TIG some nipple to connect the tubes. Should do a good job keeping temp low.

3 Likes

Well Tig welding anodized part is a bitch, even after grinding the anodizing… I didn’t take pic of the welds they are so ugly I can’t look at them… I pressure tested the heatsink at 30psi and a weld was slighy porous. It didnt leak at 20psi, I embedded the heatsink in epoxy just in case

1 Like

I cut out the bottom of an ABS enclosure. I will glue the heatsink on it with 3m 5200. This way I can keep the vesc watertight.

It is not as pretty as expected but should do the job

2 Likes

Tried the 300A opto seal today, this thing has so much torque compared to the 75200, the difference is insane. I had my phone connected to the BMS and battery current consumption seems almost identical.

Is it normal for the ESC too have so much more Torque or is something still not optimized with the VESC setting?

1 Like

I remember that the rc car ESC where WAY more punchy from start and less progressive than all my VESC. The VESC become so popular on electric skateboarding because of that smooth and less “brutal” torque. That’s why I’m also thinking of going on a more “rc” ESC as well !

are you running the VESC on FOC or BLDC mode? Does this ESC generate more motor noise or still as quiet as with the VESC?

I run the VESC FOC and the esc is definitely noisier. I noticed the difference few years ago with the V1 efoil but now with the small board it is even more noticeable

yes, try using BLDC on your VESC.

1 Like

I tried BLDC, it is still far to be has punchy as the Opto seal.

Are you using current control or Dutycycle? If you want more punch use Dutycycle.

In current control, you can change the throttle curve, I changed „[PPM] throttle expo“ to 0.9. with this setting throttle is less sensitive in the lower part. You get a bit less power in FOC, as max. duty cycle is 95%.

Will give duty cycle another go, last time it wasn’t working that great but this was before I had foc settings correct.

Is there any risk setting Duty at 99%? I read some esk8 guys were doing it

I use 99,9% on the trampa 75/300. Its worked for 60h.

In BLDC 99% is safe. You get a bit more power. I was used it in FOC once but I remember from somewhere that in FOC should stay at 95%…

1 Like

Interesting, what motor are you using.

Fried a 75200 trying to run without mineral oil in the enclosure… I thought the big custom heatsink would be enough but being passively cooled I saw the temp increasing really really fast up to 72degC on first water start. Waited few minutes and tried again then bang. Should have stopped straight away…
Would have probably be fine with a water pump.
I’m not going to take chance once I get the new 75200, I will run a waterpump and mineral oil filled in the enclosure.

Not blaming the 75200 at all, I’m pulling the max motor current rating on waterstart so no surprise it needs really good cooling

1 Like