When will the Flipsky VX3 be released?

Thanks, The XN297 is a clone of the NRF24L01+ chipset. Probably about the same range and ability to push through water as the maytech remote. Long antenna is a good idea though.

It would be nice if they sold receivers standalone as well, I wouldn’t mind using the same remote on a esk8.

1 Like

Bryce, This would be good on an esk8. I saw a trampa video where they had to stop when their remotes got wet in the rain. This would solve that problem

Tutorial on Youtube for the Flipsky VX3. From Jamie Jiang. at the end it shows the remote working inside of a bucket of water.

1 Like

Any info when will it be available on Banggood?

1 Like

Does anyone have test the cruise setting ? by holding the brake button 3 seconds ?
because it don’t work with my remote

Does it working in the efoil mode, try to switch to the esk mode.

I also have that problem.

I haven’t set it up on a board yet but I think the cruise mode might be linked to the GPS speed somehow.

Have you tried it on the water yet.

Maybe @JamieJiang can confirm how the cruise mode works.

EDIT: You can set the cruise control once you are moving. But not when you are stationary.

This is actually a bad way of setting cruise control as you can’t keep the trigger constant for 3 seconds. It would be great to have a better way to set it faster.

Robert => Same in esk mode, don’t work
Michion => I didn’t try yet on water. Perhaps you are right, it’s impossible in stationary
I asked on alibaba to Jamie Jiang, wait and see

It works when you are moving.

3 Likes

So, the cruise control works with GPS data :thinking:

I like it.

2 Likes

One question, what is when you are falling?
What must be done that the efoil not race with 40 km/h to the end of the world? :rofl:

Thanks Michion and the support of Jamie Jiang
all works outside with the GPS actived

1 Like

As promised in another thread, I’d thought I’d say a few words about the Flipsky VX3 remote.

I had my first session with the VX3 on Sunday and it was a disappointment, mainly for two reasons, the reception and the trigger.

From before, I’ve been forced to put the antenna outside my carbon box, since the Maytech setup struggles to penetrate the carbon. This setup has been working very well so far, not too many unwanted interruptions.
I reused the antenna for the VX3 setup and it works in free sight but when something blocks the way, like me laying on the board or my foot standing on the antenna, instant unwanted swim in the water. I am not 100% sure, but I think they are booth using the 2.4ghz frequency, does anyone know? One other thing I’ll try is to disolder the 0R resistor to the built in antenna, I think I’ve read somewhere that parallel antennas are not optimal, can anyone back that?

Then there is the trigger. At first, when I calibrated the trigger I didn’t notice it but eventually when I started to investigate why the remote is so imprecise, I found that the trigger has only 45 individual steps, 136 to 181 is shown in the calibration setting for acceleration. On top of that, it looks like they have filtered the first and the last reading so in reality there are only 43 readings. My output is as follows.

0,4,6,8,10,13,15,17,19,21,24,26,28,30,32,35,37,39,41,44,46,48,50,52,55,57,59,61,63,65,68,70,72,75,76,79,81,83,86,88,90,92,94,100

In reality this means (for my setup), at 21% throttle, I can ride at 21-22 km/h and the next step is 24% giving me 25-26 km/h, nothing in between. You can clearly feel you get an abrupt positive or negative acceleration if you’re not able to keep the throttle in the same position. It was quite hard to get used to that.

One more thing, since the VX3 is using the COMM_SET_CHUCK_DATA command to pass the tigger data to the VESC there is one setting, Input Deadband, that was set to 15% in VESC tool, meaning the first 15% of the trigger values was filtered away, leaving me with just 36 readings. I’ll try to alter the deadband value and get back on that too.

The travel distance on the trigger is not good either, only 15mm, while Maytech has 20mm and Hiorth/Felix/Samisin has 30mm.

Missing to be able to see RPM, actual duty cycle, motor current on the display, not perhaps together with the other data but as perhaps another view.

There are a few positive things as well. The display works very well in sunlight, the remote feels very solid and so far, there are no signs of water intrusion.

3 Likes

With some 2.4GHz devices (metr pro) you need to move the 0Ohm resistor to switch between internal and external antenna. Maybe you can follow the traces on the PCB to verify.

I was just looking at pictures from @jeffM when I realized that both internal and external antenna might be connected in parallel. For me it looks like there are 0R resistors connected already. I have to dig out my receiver and have a closer look.

First it will be interesting what frequency Flipsky are using. But it seems to me it is 2,4GHz
When not, the Maytech antenna will not work.

Yes, both maytech and flipsky are on 2.4ghz. I haven’t looked what chipset they are using, but probably the same one (NRF24L01+ clone).

@YAHEF I wonder if PPM mode still has the same issue? Or did you have current control or duty cycle control set up? Maytech remote may have an issue on duty cycle mode (maybe the same issue?). I was thinking some values get truncated badly in the remote.

It would have been nice if they had a way to upgrade the remote if issues are found, but I don’t think they do.

@Ackermann was riding in the last days his new setup.
Also with a Maytech and Duty Cycle. He was totally unhappy with that mode.

1 Like

Agree! Current 4ever #banduty #dutyfraud

1 Like