I’ve had a VX3 remote for over 12 months, it has been working ok, throttle response isn’t that great but it works fine for most applications.
I set it up as a temporary Remote for a Boogie for a friend while i wait for the new remote to arrive and the range was bad, and got worse and worse over 2-3 sessions.
I opened it up and noticed that the flexible antenna had lost its coating and the salt water was causing it to effectively short out.
I opened it up, coated with a thin layer of lacquer and then a thicker layer of silicone. Now it works fine. This should almost be done as a preventative maintenance for the remote before you get stuck out and need to swim in.
Seems to be working great now.